Here’s a way that you can get a flu shot and not spend a dime–take advantage of the so-called free flu shot Fridays in Allentown. And this isn’t limited to Allentown residents either.
The Allentown Health Bureau is conducting free flu vaccination clinics at its offices at 245 N. 6th Street on the following dates and times:
- Friday, October 19 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Friday, October 26 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Friday, November 2 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Friday, November 9 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- Friday, November 16 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- No clinic on Friday, November 23rd
- Friday, November 30 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
In addition, there will be free flu shots offered on Election Day at the following locations:
- Tuesday, November 6 (9:00 AM – 11:00 AM)…..East Side Youth Center, 1140 E. Clair St, Allentown
- Tuesday, November 6 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)…….Mountainville Memorial Association, 1812 S. 5th St, Allentown
- Tuesday, November 6 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM)……..Allentown Health Bureau, 245 N. 6th St, Allentown
Even though the flu shots are free, the Allentown Health Bureau asks that if you have insurance or Medicaid that you please bring your card so that the health bureau can file for reimbursement. Again, there is no cost to you. However, to speed things up, you can download forms here and fill them out in advance.