You don’t have to be a tourist to get something out of a walking tour. And Philly has a ton of different walking tours, from spooky strolls to a “wok”-ing tour of Chinatown, including food.
There are 10 cheap walking tours that you can sign up for through Goldstar, one of my affiliate networks. Now that the heat wave has broken, this is a great way to get out and see Philly–even if you’ve lived here your whole life!
- Tour of Philly’s Italian Market. This two-hour tour follows in Rocky’s footsteps and lets you sample food from the Italian Market, the country’s oldest and largest outdoor market. Tickets start at $12.
- Explore Old City. You’ll hit all the historical landmarks on this walking tour of Old City, including Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. Tickets start at $9.50.
- The Soul of Center City. This is a three-hour excursion to experience the best architecture, art, food and more that Center City has to offer. Tickets start at $14.50.
- Wok n Walk Tour of Chinatown. Stops on this tour could include a fortune cookie factory, a Chinese bakery to taste amazing bubble tea, and a bookstore for a Chinese calligraphy demonstration. Tickets start at $36.
- The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia. You’ll see more than 20 historic sites in this walking tour. Tickets start at $8.75.
- South Philly Tour. This four-hour tour includes lots of historical and culinary stops along the way. Tickets start at $19.50.
- Philly Murals Tour. Philadelphia is home to more than 3,500 murals and the city is sometimes called the mural capital of the world. On this tour you’ll see more than a dozen such murals. Tickets start at $8.50.
- Grim Philly Tour + Beer! Tour the graves of Philadelphia’s historical past, and end this tour at a local brewery. Tickets start at $15.
- Books and Cooks Tour. The books part of this tour focuses on the fact that this tour takes you through the academic portion of Philadelphia–University City, home to Penn and Drexel. The cooks part is because the eating portion of the tour involves stops at some of Philly’s best food trucks. Tickets start at $10.
- Twilight Tour of Philly’s Dark Past. You hear Twilight. You probably think vampires. You would be right. This is an R-rated tour, held at night, about Philly’s former red-light districts, ghosts, vampires, and other dark history in the city’s past. Tickets start at $10.