It used to be when you wanted to e-recycle your electronics through a retailer, the store charged you for the service. Well, no more–at least at Staples. Now, thanks to a partnership with HP, you can recycle electronics for free at Staples.
The Staples technology recycling program accepts all brands of the following electronics for free:
• Desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablet PCs, external hard drives and small servers
• All computer monitors
• Printers, desktop copiers, faxes and all-in-one devices
• Mice, keyboards, modems/routers networking and PC speakers
• Shredders, streaming devices, phones and Universal Power Supply (UPS battery backup)
• Mobile phones, GPS devices, MP3 players, digital camcorders and digital cameras
Staples continues to offer recycling programs that can earn you money, such as recycling your print cartridges through the store and getting $2 in Extra Rewards each time you do. You can also earn Staples e-gift cards by cashing in old electronics through Gazelle.com.
As far as the free electronics recycling program goes, customers are limited to six (6) items per day to be recycled. Also, Staples does not accept the following for recycling: televisions, appliances, alkaline batteries, floor model copiers/printers, large servers, audio/visual equipment, or certain other household electronics (kitchen electrics, etc.)